The Protectorate of Gardred is a huge, safe nation, notable for its national health service, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 547 million Gardos love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garden. The average income tax rate is 66.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse AsGard economy, worth 47.2 trillion vital organs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 86,252 vital organs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Boats straying just metres away from the shore will raise the ire of the Coast Guard, hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints, and science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gardred's national animal is the Anti-vaxxer mom, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gardred was endorsed by The Borderlands of Federal Republic of Kobanie.
- : Gardred was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Gardred, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous.
- : Following new legislation in Gardred, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Following new legislation in Gardred, hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Gardred, boats straying just metres away from the shore will raise the ire of the Coast Guard.
- : Gardred endorsed The Commonwealth of Empess Sommes.
- : Gardred was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Empess Sommes.
- : Following new legislation in Gardred, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Gardred, the beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Europaterre, Swasal, Radnia, Altori, Vennos, The State of Centralia, Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar, Rayvenwing, Best Future, BeatsMe, For vooperia, Sorentia, Galicia-Slowincia, Nudistonia, Floranza, Agasaria, Tyrg, South Valleys, Kashtyria, Landarath, Rizenbaul, The United Navy, Lindrodia, Armed Terra, Zelida, Pellon Wesaurps, Empess Sommes, and Federal Republic of Kobanie.