|Leader||LÚlia de Almeida Gonzalez|
The Federal Republic of Ganjallia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by LÚlia de Almeida Gonzalez with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.73 billion Ganjallians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Twin Peaks. The average income tax rate is 95.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Ganjallian economy, worth 245 trillion hempcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 142,177 hempcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hockey players who drop their gloves discard them on abandoned baseball mitts, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Ganjallians, the fines for getting caught with the wrong recipe book can force Ganjallians into bankruptcy, and a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ganjallia's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ganjallia, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts.
- : Following new legislation in Ganjallia, the fines for getting caught with the wrong recipe book can force Ganjallians into bankruptcy.
- : Following new legislation in Ganjallia, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Ganjallians.
- : Ganjallia endorsed The Armed Republic of New Plant.
- : Ganjallia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of New Plant.
- : Ganjallia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Ganjallia, hockey players who drop their gloves discard them on abandoned baseball mitts.
- : Following new legislation in Ganjallia, the sound of office water cooler chatter has been replaced by the whirring of computer cooling fans.
- : Following new legislation in Ganjallia, whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Ganjallian Embarrassments.
- : Following new legislation in Ganjallia, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Ubertas, Feyrisshire, Ostveimar, Eskostan, Sipsin, ZhongMania, An-Tanwir, Chisenkyo, Ottomeme, Luftetia, Flaor Chait, Vulga, Anarchic Cirrikh, Higher Consciousness, KatfNoPha, FTAL, Dynamic Revolution, Arbados Balarascia, Theria Han, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Daiamid, Garbynia, Crescent Commune, Shamian, Saint Shepard, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Nueva Zulia, North Fluedan, Heliukia, Tanamerah, Artkozika, Pidgeon, Rothnia, Pro Bey, Kethania, Land of Justinian, The Reunification of Korea, Gramscina, Terrapinne, Old Mare, Blakkland, Vestrik, Soviet Felines, New Astri, The United Sangha, Illeron, Rubumba, Grand Radia, Novosybirsk, The Tarpeian Cliffs, and 47 others.Disparatia, Ambaniala, Zaversko, Caerebor, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics23, Whatevernext, Phallas, Kheshiga, Anarhic Morrowind, Dimitrija, Pyralspite, Transbiansylvania, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Bibliophilius, Virdmar, Uinted Communist of Africa, South Asian Socialist Republics, Advice, Polyglotia, Democratic Manceff, Land of the Free People, Icerael, Chevodonia, Secutor, Green Briar, New Soviet States of America, Great Galanthia, Drumrum, Republic Confederation of the Rhine, Dudaev, Kuduro Lingala, Kitchen Nation, Soviet Socialist Anglia, Adoriania, Bananorium, Fardahar, Parangaba, Eriadni, Debordan, United States of Buffaloia, The Steephills, The Jacros, Very Good Nation, Jacarta, Therlica, Eriatarkus, and New Plant.