|Leader||Sovereign Nonta Ytbaum|
The Commonwealth of Gandenia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sovereign Nonta Ytbaum with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.122 billion Gandenians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ganden. The average income tax rate is 52.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Gandenian economy, worth 215 trillion Birrhams a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,988 Birrhams, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, over a third of the seats in sports stadiums have been removed to make room for female-only commodes, videogames like 'Equalia: Knights of Self-Confidence' are proving inexplicably unpopular, and the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gandenia's national animal is the Emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gandenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Gandenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Gandenia published "Gandenia's International and Domestic Military Presence" (Factbook: Military).
- : Gandenia published "Popular TV shows in Gandenia" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Gandenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Gandenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Food Quality.
- : Gandenia published "Tuv Ulem" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Gandenia published "Cities and Climate of Gandenia" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Gandenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Gandenia altered its national flag.