|Leader||Prime Minister and King Gallo|
The Green Commonwealth of Gallo Republic is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister and King Gallo with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory vegetarianism. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.717 billion Gallonians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boston. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient a Gallonian economy, worth 337 trillion euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 124,368 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government officials who do an offal job get smoked, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, undersea volcanoes receive strongly worded letters for violating environmental regulations, and park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gallo Republic's national animal is the rooster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gallo Republic's influence in Thaecia rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Gallo Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Gallo Republic's influence in Thaecia fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Gallo Republic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Gallo Republic was endorsed by The Recently Elected Senator of Antenion.
- : Gallo Republic was endorsed by The Holy Lucky Golden Spear of Hulldom.
- : Gallo Republic was endorsed by The Kingdom of Brototh.
- : Gallo Republic was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Dykataar.
- : Gallo Republic was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Rushenberg.
- : Gallo Republic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.