|Leader||President Eama O'Muircheartaigh|
|Currency||Gallifraxian State Credit|
|Animal||Gallifraxian Ashura Hawk|
The Grand Federation of Gallifrax is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Eama O'Muircheartaigh with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, free-roaming dinosaurs, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.633 billion Gallifraxians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caprica. The average income tax rate is 94.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Gallifraxian economy, worth a remarkable 2,676 trillion Gallifraxian State Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 211,873 Gallifraxian State Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass. Crime is totally unknown. Gallifrax's national animal is the Gallifraxian Ashura Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Celtic Paganism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gallifrax was endorsed by The Republic of Nchikhumbwa.
- : Following new legislation in Gallifrax, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass.
- : Gallifrax voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Species Extinction".
- : Following new legislation in Gallifrax, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Gallifrax was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Gallifrax, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Following new legislation in Gallifrax, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in Gallifrax, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in Gallifrax, religious people are committed to mental institutions for treatment.
- : Gallifrax was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Herrebrugh to the World Assembly, Felscombe, Anudoreis, Scientists Allied, Student Loan Debt, Alvero, Podomovsk, Xingal, Napoilia, Varavano, Heisa, Mauvemarke, Bananaistan, Vihreamaa, DankAss Communes, La Pays De Soliel, Venovica, Fleur de la Mar, Californian Peoples, Svafareyjar, Cessnia, Wileyshire, Wallacivia, Democratic Auharra-Thasa, Cuscatlan, Danera, Balkvla Islands, Requand, Agune, Taliand, Westerlies, Djulio, The Social Democrats of Hamiltonia, Basiliania, Szargia, Wolfitania, Nuevo Burrito, Massatoosits, Celle Franca, New Andureo, Dekks, The New Liberated California, Propatria, Silabar, Cephesylon, Revolution Shoals, and Nchikhumbwa.