|Leader||Emperor Havrail Velihrad III|
The Velihrad Kingdom of Galicia-Slowincia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Havrail Velihrad III with an even hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, compulsory military service, and public floggings. The compassionate population of 1.029 billion Halechins are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Starigrad. The average income tax rate is 74.8%.
The Halechine economy, worth 43.7 trillion Halechin Striebornies a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,460 Halechin Striebornies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Farting etiquette is taught in schools, children dream of becoming physicians and physicists, Halechine husbands are dead good at fathering kids, and the Betamax versus VHS debate continues to rage strongly in Galicia-Slowincia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Galicia-Slowincia's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Galicia-Slowincia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Lomun.
- : Galicia-Slowincia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Galicia-Slowincia, the Betamax versus VHS debate continues to rage strongly in Galicia-Slowincia.
- : Following new legislation in Galicia-Slowincia, Halechine husbands are dead good at fathering kids.
- : Following new legislation in Galicia-Slowincia, children dream of becoming physicians and physicists.
- : Following new legislation in Galicia-Slowincia, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Galicia-Slowincia, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock".
- : Galicia-Slowincia was endorsed by The Free Syndicate of Communes of Swasal.
- : Galicia-Slowincia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Galicia-Slowincia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
Endorsements Received: 31 » Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar, Sekundarland, Europaterre, Atlantic Imperium, Britannicia, The Banasia and Gobaria, Chemiti, Landarath, Serbersia, For vooperia, Helgafjell, Isla Elsaa, Valenciatown, Scalabrine, South Valleys, Vyctar, Mistolia, Corazistan, Iron Wolf Lithuania, Liamio, Radnia, Catslanistan, The Taklamakan Desert, BeatsMe, Barichvaria, Floranza, Gergan, Armed Terra, Best Future, Swasal, and Lomun.