The United Republic of Galali is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Scrooge McDuck with an even hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 2.157 billion Galatians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arkdon. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Galalian economy, worth 299 trillion Dollarydoos a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 138,642 Dollarydoos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, shell-shocked refugees are made to provide Immigration with lively renditions of 'Dancing Queen', the beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts, and every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Galali's national animal is the Platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Deism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Galali, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts.
- : Following new legislation in Galali, the beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts.
- : Following new legislation in Galali, shell-shocked refugees are made to provide Immigration with lively renditions of 'Dancing Queen'.
- : Galali was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Galali, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Galali, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high.
- : Following new legislation in Galali, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Following new legislation in Galali, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Following new legislation in Galali, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Galali's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
Endorsements Received: 46 » Emaha, OF Arian Hellas, Khomney, State of Clove, Germinal, Peoples Republic of Oprah, United Soviet Socalist Republic, Emoran, Timbostania, Zetavalon, Hetairaea, Narvatus, United Confederacy of Humanity, New TribeLand, Neo-Trinity, GMW, My Nation, Hansdeltania, Independland, Vilorelis, West Zong Kizoy, Shibanator, Fydelia, The Western Germanic Union, Snowvenia, The United Provinces of North America, Novae Terrae Unitae, Finappa, Xoas, Hotak, Lottielan, Cansions, The Republic of Awesometopia, SpitfireYG, Amalavijnana, Guardian97, Clicktopia, Meaurbe, Denui, The Spratlys, United States of Carolinoa, Zazann, Holantrod, Quitazu, Venossa Beach, and SUPER INDIA.