The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cheerful population of 31.552 billion Gaiahians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, with Education and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Defense and Industry receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. The average income tax rate is 83.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Gaiahian economy, worth 413 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 13,118 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Extrajudicial Punishment Ban".
- : Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Enabling The Disabled In Academia".
- : Gaiah approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- : Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Gaiah seized the position of France WA Delegate from The Republic of Commune de Paris-Dublin.
- : Gaiah was endorsed by The Republic of Commune de Paris-Dublin.
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Drasnia".
- : Gaiah withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of Commune de Paris-Dublin.
- : Gaiah lost the position of France WA Delegate to The Republic of Commune de Paris-Dublin.