The Democratie reelle of Gaiah is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Krishnamurti with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 32.634 billion Gaiahians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, with Education and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Defense and Industry are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. The average income tax rate is 84.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Gaiahian economy, worth 427 trillion Euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 13,093 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gaiah's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gaiah's influence in France fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates".
- : Gaiah's influence in France rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Dank memes"".
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safeguarding Nuclear Materials".
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Northern Redlands".
- : Gaiah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
- : Gaiah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Gaiah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ransium".