The Monastic Theocracy of Fyrdowsi is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Clerical Council X with an iron fist, and renowned for its state-planned economy, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 15.362 billion Fyrdowsians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adl Justia. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Fyrdowsian economy, worth 457 trillion deenars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Cheese Exports industry. Average income is 29,777 deenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
For the sake of 'public interest' news programs tell viewers how to home-make Sarin gas bombs, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, vote-counting is replacing kitchen patrol as the least glamorous army work, and rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Fyrdowsi's national animal is the camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Submissio Pacem.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fyrdowsi was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lenkonia.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- : Fyrdowsi was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, vote-counting is replacing kitchen patrol as the least glamorous army work.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, for the sake of 'public interest' news programs tell viewers how to home-make Sarin gas bombs.
- : Fyrdowsi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Fyrdowsi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Fyrdowsi, a byzantine web of conspiracies and secret alliances must be navigated any time legislation is voted upon.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Todd McCloud, Freedom Fascists, Packilvania, Kangarawa, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Southern Yugoslavia, Adolanta, A Slanted Black Stripe, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Molzavar, Dracconis, Picos, Celebia, Bachtendekuppen, Brotherland, Blobbo, EMS Conglomerate, Kingdom of Favus, The United Territories of Providence, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Davinhia, Newpromisedland, Roissyland, New Leganes, Moderate Utopia, Survivoristan, Bhattacharyaland, Aenglaland, Surfidonia, DatBoiMemes, Dudmun, Ethalria, Propwash, Aphoenica, Staynes, Robjtopia, Oceanic Peoples, Guj-Sec, The Empire of Rijelv, Tripartite State, Eruopia, Tenaltel, Omistrocia, Lin Manuel Miranda, Eloparatimi, East Malaysia, Nantinland, Eagas, and 7 others.United City States of Oceania, Waldangelbach, The Atlae Isles, Ziwaiworld, Aelitia, Freed Animals, and Lenkonia.