Frisemark consistently ranks atop ratings in Diyar for democratic freedoms, having significant political and press freedoms. Most recent reports classified Frisemark as "free," scoring very high points in the categories of "political rights" and "civil liberties".
i havent written it yet lmao get baited
Political Parties and Elections
Frisemark has a multi-party system with numerous political parties, in which no party can easily gain a majority of the 180 legislative seats. Different parties may cooperate in order to form coalition governments.
The political parties currently in the Lokaleministerier are:
- Frihedsfront (Freedom Front; Social Liberalism): 42 seats
- Bonde-og Arbejderparti (Peasants' and Workers' Party; Social Democracy): 38 seats
- Brødreselskab (Brothers Company; Agrarianism): 19 seats
- Centralbevægelse (Central Movement; Conservative Liberalism, Nationalism, Right-wing Populism): 35 seats
- Grønt Parti (Green Party; Green Politics): 6 seats
- Kristendemokratisk Kommission (Christian Democratic Commission; Christian Democracy): 21 seats
- Socialistisk Forbund i Frisemark (Socialist League in Frisemark; Socialism): 8 seats
- Varig Solidaritetsbevægelse (Lasting Solidarity Movement; Democratic Socialism, Market Socialism): 11 seats
A diagram of the current Lokaleministerier.
The Sættaþing is one of the oldest continuously-existent democratic governing bodies in Diyar, having been founded circa 863 AD as a way for competing realms and city-states across Old Frisemark to settle issues and make peace. The name is a combination of Old Frisik "Sætta" (make peace among) and þing, an ancient term for assemblies.
The Sættaþing was integrated into the structure of the newly-founded Kingdom after the Løvedaggry, remaining much the same up until its division with the passing of the Royal Act of Representative Legislature in 1753; the Sættaþing was subdivided into the Vælgerkabinet, where noble elites voted, and the Lokaleministerier, which would govern towns and administration at a more local level.
When Frisemark officially became a constitutional monarchy in 1849, another reorganization was levied whereby the current system of executive and legislative branches were set up.