The Most Serene Republic of Freedwanda is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Gandhiji with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.732 billion Freedwandans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wandapolis. The average income tax rate is 76.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Freedwandan economy, worth 225 trillion bollocks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 130,426 bollocks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, dinner parties often end in politically charged fist fights, citizens are encouraged to show displeasure with politicians by poking them with sharp metal sticks, and children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary. Crime is totally unknown. Freedwanda's national animal is the meerkat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is laicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Freedwanda was endorsed by The Confederacy of Chocholand.
- : Following new legislation in Freedwanda, children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary.
- : Following new legislation in Freedwanda, citizens are encouraged to show displeasure with politicians by poking them with sharp metal sticks.
- : Following new legislation in Freedwanda, dinner parties often end in politically charged fist fights.
- : Following new legislation in Freedwanda, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in Freedwanda, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Freedwanda, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Freedwanda, the leading national news source is 'my cousin Billy-Bob on MyFace'.
- : Following new legislation in Freedwanda, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Following new legislation in Freedwanda, Freedwandan scientists are mixing chewing tobacco with bacon flavouring in an attempt to craft the perfect male snack.
Endorsements Received: 150 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hanguk-Nippon, Rebel-topia, Tsvetania, Luddinlande, Jehenna, Quiescent, Auphelia, Kringalia, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Kiasu-ism, The naked people, Theorin, Aidenfieeld, The United Expanse, Wyatonians, Linguiniland, Darakin, Farengeto, The Solar System Scope, Sandaoguo, Erinor, Pamela And Hepatitis, Southern Numenor, Pax Dracon, Curlyhoward, Prefesia, Techganet, Yellunstryer, Antarctic Empires, Lambdaland, Escevola, Ufask, Tsunamy, Farelonia, Ridehale, Blueberry Isles, Soem, Qazahnir, Phillius, Aywhyou, Trelatche, Poopisiya, United States of Vietnam, La Ascension, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Volaworand, Cypheri, Sedunn, Si-topia, and 100 others.Japanese Federal Republic, Gymnostan, Sagada, Calistan, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Seliyan progressive Islands, Trinennie, Lotadia, Oxsania, Nothanksbutseriously, Paranoia, Moreana, Crabius, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Rhetiaa, Saciu, Drugged Monkeys, Asdfghuiop, New Briantown, Lunadae, Nankyoku Tairiku, Braavos and Lorath, Jaxon, Concrete Slab, Seldon and the Psychohistorians, Bentwaters, WTP All the good names are taken, Iristead, Drystar, Great Andora, Christian Hezekiah, RestartAll, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Nova Montron, Vincent Field, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Liberated Lambergs, UnShleepd, Bod Wareenaland, Elveka, Silberne Wache, Bergenu, Potion Seller, Bizarrotan, The National Corporation, Macrothea, Shengtie, Barabarom, Isokenzar, Ancient Slobovia, Anachronolandia, Agalaesia, Namat Sta, Grouu, Abarri, Noveos, Transcostria, Spearos, Aguatania, Qilai, Upper Usok Valley, Xandev, Cuuldere, Lumpov Hasch, Galaxy Federation, Lorora3, Rabbitz, Kandorith, USNE2018, FreeFishers, Darbor, Kroumos, Midand, A Frog Dimension, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Janapuri, Birdkeeper, Maeiland, Maletora, Jahass, The Filippinas, Empire of the Western Woods, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, Ostanasia, The Dragon Enclave, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, North Catimestistrianes, Stoniamera, Farrts, Akindom, Revanial, Dasko, Mikole, Slenrotros, Nowa Europa, Churumduul, and Chocholand.