|Leader||CEO Robert Benton|
The Supporters of Freedom Rising is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by CEO Robert Benton with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.595 billion Americans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Philadelphia. The average income tax rate is 24.0%.
The strong American economy, worth 512 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Trout Farming, Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 53,449 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
CEO Robert Benton has just been declared ruler of Freedom Rising in an international press conference, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and the government has pinkie-promised never to use its veto power except in an emergency. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Freedom Rising's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Freedom Rising, the government has pinkie-promised never to use its veto power except in an emergency.
- : Freedom Rising's influence in World Archive rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Freedom Rising granted posting privileges on the World Archive Regional Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- : Freedom Rising added the tag "Puppet Storage" to World Archive.
- : Freedom Rising added the tag "Role Player" to World Archive.
- : Freedom Rising added the tag "Past Tech" to World Archive.
- : Freedom Rising added the tag "Offsite Forums" to World Archive.
- : Freedom Rising added the tag "Human-Only" to World Archive.
- : Freedom Rising updated the World Factbook entry in World Archive.
- : Freedom Rising established the regional flag of World Archive.