The Republic of Free States of Columbia is a small, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 36 million Free States of Columbians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.8%.
The strong Free States of Columbian economy, worth 2.05 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. Average income is 56,864 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Free States of Columbia's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Free States of Columbia's influence in APSIA rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Free States of Columbia's influence in APSIA rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Free States of Columbia's influence in APSIA rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Free States of Columbia's influence in APSIA rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Free States of Columbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Free States of Columbia relocated from Heart to APSIA.
- : Free States of Columbia relocated from The North Pacific to Heart.
- : Free States of Columbia was founded in The North Pacific.