The Holy State of Frankland is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Franklin IV with an even hand, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, pith helmet sales, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 7.121 billion Franklanders are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rowandale. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Frankish economy, worth 981 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 137,787 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 534,892 per year while the poor average 24,297, a ratio of 22.0 to 1.
No-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium, citizens rise at daybreak every day for mandatory exercise, soldiers on first dates introduce themselves only by their ranks and serial numbers, and clergy do their best to cover up their old tattoos. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Frankland's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Heatagramism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Frankland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Frankland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Frankland's influence in St Abbaddon rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Frankland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Frankland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Frankland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Frankland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market and Most Efficient Economies.
- : Frankland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Frankland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Frankland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.