|Leader||Joseph Franz Christian Carlos Francisco|
The People's Republic of Francovania is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Joseph Franz Christian Carlos Francisco with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, infamous sell-swords, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.105 billion Francovanians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Northbury. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Francovanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,771 trillion Francos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 211,459 Francos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails, no one cares when it's your birthday, digital novelty coins make for surprising vanguards of the revolution, and devotion to God is only skin-deep. Crime is totally unknown. Francovania's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Francovania is ranked 515th in the world and 17th in Lazarus for Highest Average Tax Rates, with 102.49 Effective Tax Rate.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Francovania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Francovania, devotion to God is only skin-deep.
- : Following new legislation in Francovania, digital novelty coins make for surprising vanguards of the revolution.
- : Following new legislation in Francovania, no one cares when it's your birthday.
- : Following new legislation in Francovania, the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails.
- : Following new legislation in Francovania, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation.
- : Francovania's influence in Lazarus rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Francovania was endorsed by The 🐈 Kingdom of New Rogernomics.
- : Francovania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Suppress International Piracy"".
- : Following new legislation in Francovania, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
Endorsements Received: 7 » Rowville, Greater Gyelidor, Darkium, Wang Yao, Pepe Pip, Yemera, and New Rogernomics.