The Republic of Franco-Philia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Frédéric Remy with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, free-roaming dinosaurs, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate population of 19.515 billion Franco-Philians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ville de Franco. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The enormous but inefficient Franco-Philian economy, worth a remarkable 2,139 trillion glots a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 109,610 glots, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, and the nation's image rights are the strictest in the world. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Franco-Philia's national animal is the cow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Franco-Philia was endorsed by The Republic of The Unicrons.
- : Franco-Philia's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations fell from "Auxiliary" to "Diplomat".
- : Franco-Philia's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Diplomat" to "Auxiliary".
- : Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Franco-Philia was endorsed by The Socialist Federation of Kestvala.
- : Franco-Philia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Franco-Philia was endorsed by Ketrocal.
- : Following new legislation in Franco-Philia, the nation's image rights are the strictest in the world.
- : Franco-Philia's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : Franco-Philia's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".