The Kyōwakoku of Fox Shogunate is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Okada Kameon with an even hand, and remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, devout population of 1.517 billion Kitsunes are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tōkyō. The average income tax rate is 65.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Kitsune economy, worth 129 trillion Kitsune Ens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 85,136 Kitsune Ens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, studio executives abandon tragic stories of star-crossed lovers because "it's been done", and the tax department is having withdrawal symptoms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fox Shogunate's national animal is the Kitsune, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Shintō.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fox Shogunate changed its national motto to "🦊Merīkurisumasu!🦊".
- : Fox Shogunate altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Fox Shogunate, the tax department is having withdrawal symptoms.
- : Following new legislation in Fox Shogunate, studio executives abandon tragic stories of star-crossed lovers because "it's been done".
- : Following new legislation in Fox Shogunate, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- : Fox Shogunate's influence in The Srivijayan Consortium rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Fox Shogunate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Don't Kill the Poor Act".
- : Fox Shogunate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sensible limits on industry act".
- : Fox Shogunate voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Right to Self-defense"".
- : Fox Shogunate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Minoa".
Endorsements Received: None.