The Protectorate of Fort Ryoku is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 445 million Fort Ryokuans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 48.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Fort Ryokuan economy, worth 14.6 trillion Yen a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 32,847 Yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fort Ryoku's national animal is the Monkey.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fort Ryoku agreed to construct embassies between Ryoku and Roylaii.
- : Fort Ryoku was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Fort Ryoku's influence in Ryoku rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Fort Ryoku updated the World Factbook entry in Ryoku.
- : Fort Ryoku set the regional banner of Ryoku.
- : Fort Ryoku relocated from The West Pacific to Ryoku.
- : Fort Ryoku founded the region Ryoku.
- : Fort Ryoku was founded in The West Pacific.