The Glorious Republic of Former Bulgarian Cities is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emo with an even hand, and renowned for its soft-spoken computers, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 3.932 billion FBC citizens are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Novo Gabrovo. The average income tax rate is 72.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse FBC economy, worth 537 trillion levs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 136,734 levs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Escargots have lost their charm ever since they started to be called 'cooked land snails', the dish 'poisson avec poison' is only available on the black market, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather, and citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Former Bulgarian Cities's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Former Bulgarian Cities was endorsed by The Haunted Litter Box of Meow-meow-mia.
- : Former Bulgarian Cities was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Former Bulgarian Cities was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Former Bulgarian Cities, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.
- : Following new legislation in Former Bulgarian Cities, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather.
- : Former Bulgarian Cities was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Former Bulgarian Cities was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Former Bulgarian Cities's influence in The West Pacific fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Former Bulgarian Cities was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Yungtopia.
- : Former Bulgarian Cities was endorsed by The Bring your knees in tight of Dalimbar.