The Republic of Formenor is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Ėarendu with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.866 billion Formenoreans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Altalaire. The average income tax rate is 71.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Formenorian economy, worth 478 trillion Laurės a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 166,903 Laurės, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's never "just a game" with Formenorian sports fans, there's a bright dawn ahead for Formenor, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and it is considered unpatriotic to learn a foreign language. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Formenor's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Formenor, it is considered unpatriotic to learn a foreign language.
- : Following new legislation in Formenor, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Formenor, there's a bright dawn ahead for Formenor.
- : Following new legislation in Formenor, it's never "just a game" with Formenorian sports fans.
- : Formenor was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Formenor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Formenor, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
- : Following new legislation in Formenor, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in Formenor, the nation's forests are full of treasure hunters in military-grade survival gear.
- : Following new legislation in Formenor, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Bhang Bhang Duc, Bran Astor, Divina Patriae, Recuecn, United States of Northern America, Fuentana, Gilded Imperium, The Fourth Redoubt, Einherfell, Nieubasria, Kisovec, The Unified Missourtama States, Arracrania, Pandaland II, Surroosia, Scationtanland, Gryphonian Alliance, Cryland, Eienn, Plankstein, Estriacea, Mediobogdum, Fujai, Papercuts and Skittles, Volkason, Grand Republic of the Sun, Cro Magnon, Archonina, Giovanniland, Dilber, Emark, Samueliebox, Fhaengshia, and Hamburg Neo.