The People's Republic of Fordinshire is a small, safe nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 29 million Fordinshireans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 14.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Fordinshirean economy, worth 1.16 trillion V-bucks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 40,130 V-bucks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Literally voiceless people are unable to protest when food and water are denied to them, the nation's reputation for treachery has left it sidelined on the international stage, giant beards and handlebar moustaches are increasingly popular, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fordinshire's national animal is the defaults skins, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fordinshire was endorsed by The Federated Islands of Sandaoguo.
- : Following new legislation in Fordinshire, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- : Following new legislation in Fordinshire, giant beards and handlebar moustaches are increasingly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Fordinshire, the nation's reputation for treachery has left it sidelined on the international stage.
- : Following new legislation in Fordinshire, literally voiceless people are unable to protest when food and water are denied to them.
- : Fordinshire was endorsed by The SadisticMurderousPsychopath of Jaxon.
- : Fordinshire was endorsed by The Endorsement Machine of Midand.
- : Fordinshire's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Fordinshire, worried-looking neonatal nurses are being deployed in place of SWAT teams during dangerous drug busts.
- : Fordinshire lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Curlyhoward, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Aidenfieeld, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Stalvarctic, CLEMENY, Bawkie, Luddinlande, The ColdWyvernian Undead, Farengeto, Linguiniland, The Solar System Scope, Drugged Monkeys, Fighting Kawi Ninja, No moking, United States of Vietnam, Rebel-topia, Great Vritannia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Oskyelion, Saciu, Quiescent, Concrete Slab, Nudnoji, Midand, Jaxon, and Sandaoguo.