The Republic of Foglyesia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Neu Desireuodak with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.559 billion Foglyesians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Proteosak. The average income tax rate is 90.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Foglyesian economy, worth 377 trillion Foglyesian Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 147,356 Foglyesian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bris parties are all the rage, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region, military spending is on the increase, and the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Foglyesia's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sudekaiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Foglyesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Foglyesia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Foglyesia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Foglyesia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Foglyesia ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Foglyesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Foglyesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Foglyesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Foglyesia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Foglyesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.