The Incorporated States of Fly Skaraborg is a very large, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-working, democratic population of 189 million Fly Skaraborgians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and International Aid. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.0%.
The thriving Fly Skaraborgian economy, worth 13.0 trillion BonusBorgs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 68,910 BonusBorgs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 243,921 per year while the poor average 14,056, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Fly Skaraborg's national animal is the Bird , which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fly Skaraborg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Fly Skaraborg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, and Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Fly Skaraborg altered its national flag.
- : Fly Skaraborg's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Fly Skaraborg relocated from The East Pacific to The North Pacific.
- : Fly Skaraborg was founded in The East Pacific.