The United Kingdom of Flourite is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.518 billion Flouriteans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veridian City. The average income tax rate is 75.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Flouritean economy, worth 71.3 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 46,948 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The horniness of the great-horned deer is considered a national priority, even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and children are raised bilingual from an early age. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Flourite's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Flourite was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Flourite was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Flourite was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free and the Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Flourite, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Flourite, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Flourite, even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister.
- : Flourite's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Flourite relocated from Balder to Texas.
- : Flourite altered its national flag.
- : Flourite was refounded in Balder.