The Greater Antarctic Empire of Florin is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 4.54 billion Florinese are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sirius. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Florinian economy, worth a remarkable 1,026 trillion Antarctic Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an amazing 226,174 Antarctic Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government violently suppresses separatist movements, Leader is too busy listening to praise to get any work done, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti, and 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Florin's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Florin, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, Leader is too busy listening to praise to get any work done.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, the government violently suppresses separatist movements.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, Florinian watches are often the only thing to survive a disaster intact.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, mechanics are often exhausted by their work.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, the decision to be oppressed is now made democratically.
- : Florin was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- : Florin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Florin, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Farrakhan, Zavea, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Emeseses, Aqueira, Melon feud, Thuringia Reich, Singu1arity, Panormia, Vroengard mk2, Euroanatolian Greece, Arinteriswith, Capitalist Paradise, Lederland, Cecilly, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Sarotte, Edgedgie, Centurionis, Beezertopia, The Horror Channel, Perfect Sublime Masters, DisregardWork, Pettlland, Vas Normandy, Aeritania, Maazalik, Masters86, Rubian Empire, Cyrtenes, Die Suid-Afrikaanse Ryk, Rushkaland, Republic of edward, OspasiA, Serious Problems, Collosuss, Aandruzognivia, Gozira, Arkhane, Crazy Firemen, Goryier, United Kraven, Dead I Jack, Casanas, Volsar, Magrinia, The Libertarian Republic of Savages, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Gwrachbyd, and 37 others.Zerentopia, Razorback, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Aggro, CLovidia, Super Mega Awesome, Vasisdas, XW5RULEZ, Greater-Syria, Delight, Greater Cesnica, ThePlace, Visionary Union, Lansaka, Morover, Nation of Urie, Tartessis, FareP, Nakena, Mundanus, Alpharoland, Jordanian arabia, Hallmaak, Novi Libertas, Fragmented Spero, Pevegaria, The 3rd Reich Remnants, Gratosh, TorNaGul, Agalaesia, ShyVini, Bormiar, Comuni, NewColo, Aianistan, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, and A Leaf on the Wind.