The Greater Antarctic Empire of Florin is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, public floggings, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 2.945 billion Florinese are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sirius. The average income tax rate is 66.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Florinian economy, worth 536 trillion Antarctic Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 182,053 Antarctic Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Tourists call Florinian beach towns "the fine coastline", citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, parents are shocked to find out that having kids costs money, and wrongful arrests abound as 'criminals' blame the guy next to them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Florin's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Florin, wrongful arrests abound as 'criminals' blame the guy next to them.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, parents are shocked to find out that having kids costs money.
- : Florin was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, tourists call Florinian beach towns "the fine coastline".
- : Following new legislation in Florin, schoolkids are often mistaken for fast food workers.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, 90% of active duty FAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.
- : Florin endorsed The Holy Empire of Generation Zed.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Farrakhan, Zavea, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Emeseses, Kyorgia, Aqueira, Morover, Hardscrabble, Marilyn Manson Freaks, New Edem, Holleynaga, Zyonn, Melon feud, Thuringia Reich, Singu1arity, Panormia, Vroengard mk2, Matonis, Euroanatolian Greece, Arinteriswith, Capitalist Paradise, Lederland, Cecilly, Islamic Republic e Jariri, The Land of the Dark Immortals, Sarotte, Empire of the alder, Edgedgie, Liberal2day, Centurionis, Cleo and Topaz, Lasgana island, Heaven Fire, Beezertopia, UKIMAR RBON, Saavir Yuvon, The Horror Channel, Star Kingdom, Razorback, Perfect Sublime Masters, DisregardWork, Pettlland, Vas Normandy, Kijsel, Lobraunia, Aeritania, Maazalik, Zhavn, Up Downland, and 26 others.Masters86, The Ardenner Forest, Rubian Empire, Cyrtenes, Upper West Northern Schneddick, Die Suid-Afrikaanse Ryk, Mihaiteren, Rushkaland, Republic of edward, OspasiA, South Acren, Serious Problems, Aisyle, Enacheland, Pandorivia, Collosuss, Bobdabuilder, KEP77, Aandruzognivia, TorNaGul, Kaystein, Skenne, Hollow Forest Pack, Gozira, Arkhane, and Hemta.