|Leader||The Tour Guide|
The Mobile City of Flemish Congo is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by The Tour Guide with an iron fist, and renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.794 billion Congolese are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kinshasa. The average income tax rate is 45.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Congoan economy, worth 277 trillion Florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 99,253 Florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Long-wed spouses often regret proposals they made when they were twenty, squeaky high prepubescent voices recite the patriotic poem "Hail to The Leader!" before each meal, the government has awarded itself a month-long holiday to celebrate its achievements, and the government is hungry to spread communism beyond the nation's borders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Flemish Congo's national animal is the Kiwi, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Flemish Congo's influence in Montealba rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Flemish Congo's influence in Montealba rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Flemish Congo's influence in Montealba rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Flemish Congo published "Factbook for Later (Nothing on it)" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Flemish Congo's influence in Montealba rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Flemish Congo lodged a message on the Montealba Regional Message Board.
- : Flemish Congo relocated from APSIA to Montealba.
- : Flemish Congo lodged a message on the APSIA Regional Message Board.
- : Flemish Congo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Flemish Congo, the government is hungry to spread communism beyond the nation's borders.