The Queendom of Fleeting Island is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic, devout population of 368 million Fleeting Islandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 71.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Fleeting Islandian economy, worth 2.15 trillion thes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Woodchip Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 5,849 thes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fleeting Island's national animal is the Kitten, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fleeting Island's influence in LILY Lesbians fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Fleeting Island's influence in LILY Lesbians fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Fleeting Island's influence in LILY Lesbians rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Fleeting Island relocated from The North Pacific to LILY Lesbians.
- : Fleeting Island published "Kaoru Seta" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Fleeting Island published "Fleeting Island" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Fleeting Island published "Kaoru Seta" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Fleeting Island's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Fleeting Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality and the Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : Fleeting Island altered its national flag.