The Provisional Workers Republic of Flecatya is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Revolutionary Committee with an iron fist, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, strictly enforced bedtime, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.38 billion Flecatyans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Environment and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riga. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Flecatyan economy, worth a remarkable 2,780 trillion Labor Vouchers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 376,786 Labor Vouchers, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,555,987 per year while the poor average 59,985, a ratio of 25.9 to 1.
Political activists are routinely executed, hunters often become the hunted, dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia, and pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Flecatya's national animal is the Hammer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is State Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Flecatya, pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil.
- : Following new legislation in Flecatya, dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia.
- : Flecatya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Following new legislation in Flecatya, hunters often become the hunted.
- : Following new legislation in Flecatya, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Flecatya, smog in Riga is so bad that fresh air bottles are sold by street vendors.
- : Following new legislation in Flecatya, builders spend more time negotiating "tasteful architecture" than on actual construction.
- : Following new legislation in Flecatya, open-casket funerals are avoided at all cost.
- : Flecatya lodged a message on the Pax Britannia Regional Message Board.
- : Flecatya altered its national flag.