The Federal Republic of Fiwchuk is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jemma with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, complete absence of social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 3.978 billion Fiwchukians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sunset Harbour. The average income tax rate is 41.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Fiwchukian economy, worth 637 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 160,343 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming, and a determined opposition debates the relative benefits of Arial and Times New Roman for days on end. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fiwchuk's national animal is the Wolf, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Satanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fiwchuk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Fiwchuk was endorsed by The Kingdom of Corsoaua.
- : Fiwchuk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Fiwchuk, a determined opposition debates the relative benefits of Arial and Times New Roman for days on end.
- : Following new legislation in Fiwchuk, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
- : Following new legislation in Fiwchuk, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Fiwchuk, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Fiwchuk voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Fiwchuk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Fiwchuk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Josephtan, Runegeist, The Federation of Soviet, Reatilber Soclistice, Valltoria, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, Baconbacon123, Fliesa, Fredonion, Heisenbee, Trischoczlovakia, The Evile Empire, Angea, Serbianistan, Davnar, and Corsoaua.