The Republic of Finnish Australia is a huge, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, prohibition of alcohol, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 318 million Finnish Australians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 20.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Finnish Australian economy, worth 17.0 trillion finnilas a year, is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 53,439 finnilas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Suspicious glow-in-the-dark wasps remain a source of terror and awe, rare art has become a significant factor in negotiating all foreign trade agreements, exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles, and recent events in Dàguó have been classified 'for Leader's eyes only'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Finnish Australia's national animal is the snowy kangaroo, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Finnish Australia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Finnish Australia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Finnish Australia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Finnish Australia ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Finnish Australia was endorsed by The Free Land of Aywhyou.
- : Finnish Australia was endorsed by The Non-homogeneous Tessellation of Anachronolandia.
- : Finnish Australia was endorsed by The Kaleidoscopic Transcendence of Luddinlande.
- : Finnish Australia was endorsed by The Principality of Revellan.
- : Finnish Australia was endorsed by The Random Pretitle of Kringalia.
- : Finnish Australia was endorsed by The Protectorate of The National Corporation.