The Allied States of Figlandia is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 725 million Figs enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Administration, and Environment also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bushnell. The average income tax rate is 64.9%.
The all-consuming Figgish economy, worth 73.7 trillion Shabbatzes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 101,620 Shabbatzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Vaccinations are mandatory, prison visits increase substantially during election years, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, and economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Figlandia's national animal is the Corkadrew, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Figlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Figlandia, economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year.
- : Following new legislation in Figlandia, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Figlandia, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Figlandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Following new legislation in Figlandia, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : Following new legislation in Figlandia, you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence.
- : Following new legislation in Figlandia, t-shirts displaying a photo of Leader performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Following new legislation in Figlandia, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Figlandia was endorsed by The Allied States of Driodal.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Holota, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, PenguinPies, Ever Testing, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Erstavik, Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Holy Free, Achemar, Bawkie, Curlyhoward, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Fasire, Tsunamy, Drystar, Myhomecountry, Unojo, Nowa Europa, The Solar System Scope, Kringalia, Bleakfoot, Bonobiana, Chernaya Zvezda, Darakin, Sou Avida, Ebonhand, Rebel-topia, Andinla, Amerion, Arscanesia, Myness, Wehraboos, Shefino, New Sanet, Yellunstryer, Treir, Bear Connors Paradiso, Doraya, Kiani, North Kanuckistan, Mapico, The Island of Sorna, Villa Caruso, Sedunn, Eastern Bahia, Farengeto, and 41 others.Fighting Kawi Ninja, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Doundaly, Jehenna, Malmsia, Danily, Flumenvallis, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, West Pastafaria, Leighester, FreeFishers, Nova Montron, Linden Oak, Isokenzar, North Pernambuco, Antarctic Empires, USNE2018, The Haughtherlands, Soem, Gracca, Bumblegaria, Proctethia, Oreo States, Paganan, Leimarite Empire, New American Dictatorship, Froshar, Saint Roberts, Volaworand, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Lauramerica, Great Lothian, Mnemnovia, Tyrantistica, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Antwerpen1, Eae, Shadeth, and Driodal.