The Republic of Feline Goetland is a tiny, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 18 million Feline Goetlandians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.6%.
The thriving Feline Goetlandian economy, worth 1.32 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 73,571 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 260,420 per year while the poor average 15,007, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Feline Goetland's national animal is the Cat, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Feline Goetland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Feline Goetland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector, Largest Cheese Export Sector, Largest Pizza Delivery Sector, and Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Feline Goetland's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Feline Goetland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Feline Goetland altered its national flag.
- : Feline Goetland was founded in The East Pacific.