The United Duchies of Fedeledland is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Doge Lorenzo VII with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ritual sacrifices, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 9.482 billion Fedeledlandeses love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nuova Firenze. The average income tax rate is 88.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Fedeledlandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,487 trillion Fedeledlandese Florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 156,878 Fedeledlandese Florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fedeledland's national animal is the Golden Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fedeledland's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Fedeledland's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Fedeledland's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Fedeledland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Fedeledland's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Fedeledland was refounded in Balder.
- : Fedeledland ceased to exist.
- : Fedeledland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Fedeledland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Fedeledland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.