The Hunter of Father Gascoigne is a colossal, cultured nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, frequent executions, and smutty television. The hard-nosed population of 6.442 billion Father Gascoigneans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 37.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Father Gascoignean economy, worth 358 trillion Dollars a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 55,576 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Banning party poppers has been a real party pooper, politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes, getting an autograph has become harder than ever, and textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Father Gascoigne's national animal is the Spider, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Father Gascoigne's influence in Cawdor rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Father Gascoigne's influence in Cawdor rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Father Gascoigne's influence in Cawdor rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Father Gascoigne resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Father Gascoigne was endorsed by The Republic of Slowest Moon Around 47.
- : Father Gascoigne endorsed The Grace and Precision of Oaks 115.
- : Father Gascoigne endorsed The Federation of Market-72.
- : Father Gascoigne's influence in Cawdor rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Father Gascoigne endorsed The Republic of MCSB-003 Gammas.
- : Father Gascoigne endorsed The Fenda of A time traveller 10.