The City State of Farkas is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions, suspicion of poets, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 6.158 billion Farkastrians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 42.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong a Farkastrian economy, worth 290 trillion cepros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 47,217 cepros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The state believes that children are what you make of them, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, and children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Farkas's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Farkas was reclassified from "Conservative Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Farkas's influence in Farkasfalka rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Farkas was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Conservative Democracy".
- : Farkas's influence in Farkasfalka rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Farkas's influence in Farkasfalka rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Farkas's influence in Farkasfalka rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Farkas relocated from The Rejected Realms to Farkasfalka.
- : Farkas was endorsed by The Grand Utopian Commonwealth of Toerana.
- : Farkas's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Farkas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: None.