|Leader||President Matthew Terrus|
The Republic of Faramount is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Matthew Terrus with a fair hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.189 billion Faramanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Faramount City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Faramanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,995 trillion Imperial Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 178,328 Imperial Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 7.9 times as much as the poorest.
Street crime is on the rise as police officers spend most of their time in prisons, all the playground's a stage for Faramanian schoolchildren, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, and scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Lion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Faramount's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Faramount's influence in Eurth rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Faramount's influence in Eurth rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Faramount's influence in Eurth rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Faramount's influence in Eurth rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Faramount relocated from Lazarus to Eurth.
- : Faramount was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Faramount ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.