The Principality of Faraby is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 291 million Farabians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 49.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Farabyian economy, worth 8.73 trillion Lire a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 29,986 Lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, there's a literal nanny state for the legions of children taken by social services, stockbrokers dream of getting rich by writing textbooks, and the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Faraby's national animal is the Arabian oryx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Faraby resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Faraby's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Faraby was endorsed by The Cybernetic Utopia of Steampunk Ariel.
- : Faraby was endorsed by The Free Republic of Draconian Progression.
- : Faraby was endorsed by The Imperialist Immortal Empire of Alexander the Magnus.
- : Faraby was endorsed by The Kingdom of Aryan Homeland.
- : Faraby was endorsed by The Uncorruptable Nation of Yellops.
- : Faraby was endorsed by The Republic of Northern Roman Republic.
- : Faraby was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Healiopolis.
- : Faraby was endorsed by The Empire of Uzbek Khan.