|Capital||New Far Tholk City|
The Democratic People's Republic of Far Tholk is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.949 billion Far Tholkians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Far Tholk City. The average income tax rate is 85.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Far Tholkian economy, worth 928 trillion gold pieces a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,754 gold pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Imitation is the sincerest form of felony, parents dread their examinations more than their children, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Far Tholk's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Thornenburt.
- : Far Tholk lodged a message on the The Great Experiment Regional Message Board.
- : Far Tholk created a new poll in The Great Experiment: "Small Fix Amendment #3".
- : Far Tholk's influence in The Great Experiment rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Far Tholk approved the World Assembly proposal "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by The Synthetic Utopia of Cestiton.
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by The Republic of Scalizagasti.
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Socialist Elrinia.
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by The People's Republic of United Provin.
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by The Federal Collective of Zergadnkastan.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Itheria, Pekares, ImperialRepublic, United Lands of Conquest, Nightcrest, Peshwas, Auroreline, Carrata, NewArizona, Evansa, Tuso, Zergadnkastan, United Provin, Socialist Elrinia, Scalizagasti, Cestiton, and Thornenburt.
WA update pending: Nation has 16 verified endorsements.