The Empire of FANTOGO is a tiny, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 16 million FANTOGOians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.7%.
The very strong FANTOGOian economy, worth 1.25 trillion FANTOGAS a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. Average income is 77,833 FANTOGAS, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 256,506 per year while the poor average 17,683, a ratio of 14.5 to 1.
TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, the tenet of free speech is held dear, organ donation is compulsory, and foreign nations kill migratory animals at random in the hope that FANTOGO will pay them to stop. Crime is moderate. FANTOGO's national animal is the lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : FANTOGO's influence in Wintreath rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : FANTOGO's influence in Wintreath rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : FANTOGO's influence in Wintreath rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : FANTOGO was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market, Highest Disposable Incomes, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Largest Mining Sector, and Largest Insurance Industry.
- : FANTOGO relocated from The East Pacific to Wintreath.
- : Following new legislation in FANTOGO, foreign nations kill migratory animals at random in the hope that FANTOGO will pay them to stop.
- : Following new legislation in FANTOGO, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in FANTOGO, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in FANTOGO, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : FANTOGO was founded in The East Pacific.