The Real Vipers of Fangalist Poland is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its flagrant waste-dumping, ubiquitous missile silos, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 648 million Vipers are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capitol Planet. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31.5%.
The all-consuming Viper economy, worth 65.2 trillion Venoms a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 100,653 Venoms, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 474,203 per year while the poor average 12,685, a ratio of 37.4 to 1.
The path to inner peace is paved with state-mandated punishment, adult unemployment is rising as available jobs are filled by young children, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, and teenagers are making eye contact with each other for the first time in years. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fangalist Poland's national animal is the Viper, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fangalist Poland added the tag "Multi-Species" to FPSHG.
- : Fangalist Poland added the tag "Neutral" to FPSHG.
- : Fangalist Poland relocated from FPSHG to The Freedom Isles.
- : Fangalist Poland lodged a message on the The Union of Rightwing Nations Regional Message Board.
- : Fangalist Poland relocated from The Freedom Isles to FPSHG.
- : Fangalist Poland updated the World Factbook entry in FPSHG.
- : Following new legislation in Fangalist Poland, teenagers are making eye contact with each other for the first time in years.
- : Following new legislation in Fangalist Poland, drunk drivers are sentenced to death.
- : Following new legislation in Fangalist Poland, adult unemployment is rising as available jobs are filled by young children.
- : Following new legislation in Fangalist Poland, the path to inner peace is paved with state-mandated punishment.