The Gypsy Caravan of Fairskies is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its smutty television, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 17.219 billion Fairskiesians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 57.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Fairskiesian economy, worth 660 trillion pelts a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 38,331 pelts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Fairskies City to enjoy their national art, the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, and the Fairskies Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Fairskies's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fairskies's influence in Taijitu rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Fairskies's influence in Taijitu rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Fairskies altered its national flag.
- : Fairskies relocated from Osiris to Taijitu.
- : Fairskies was refounded in Osiris.
- : Fairskies ceased to exist in Taijitu.
- : Fairskies's influence in Taijitu rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Fairskies's influence in Taijitu rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Fairskies's influence in Taijitu rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Fairskies's influence in Taijitu rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".