The Theocracy of Ezopi is a very large, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 108 million Ezopians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 56.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ezopian economy, worth 5.80 trillion Coins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,685 Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Notable individuals are granted land and titles, the government violently suppresses separatist movements, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ezopi's national animal is the Swordfish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ezopi was ejected from the WA for rule violations.
- : Following new legislation in Ezopi, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Ezopi, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Following new legislation in Ezopi, the government violently suppresses separatist movements.
- : Following new legislation in Ezopi, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- : Following new legislation in Ezopi, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in Ezopi, gossip magazines are more interested in astrological stars than celebrity ones.
- : Following new legislation in Ezopi, unemployed accountants keep double-entry ledgers of their benefit claims.
- : Following new legislation in Ezopi, the nation was recently voted as the most stylish in Refugia.
- : Ezopi's influence in Refugia rose from "Page" to "Squire".