The Holy Empire of EzkelHeim is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 506 million EzkelHeimians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nerheilheim. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 44.5%.
The frighteningly efficient EzkelHeimian economy, worth 68.8 trillion Gils a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 135,913 Gils, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Election debates consists mostly of two grey suits arguing over how to best preserve the status quo, prison visits increase substantially during election years, every workday begins with group therapy, and soldiers must key in their passwords every time they want to reload their weapons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. EzkelHeim's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : EzkelHeim was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in EzkelHeim, soldiers must key in their passwords every time they want to reload their weapons.
- : Following new legislation in EzkelHeim, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : EzkelHeim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing the Execution of Innocents"".
- : EzkelHeim voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Coalition of Fascist Nations".
- : Following new legislation in EzkelHeim, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in EzkelHeim, election debates consists mostly of two grey suits arguing over how to best preserve the status quo.
- : Following new legislation in EzkelHeim, the military conducts 'training exercises' in prisons.
- : Following new legislation in EzkelHeim, the nation's black ops are starting to get on people's nerves.
- : Following new legislation in EzkelHeim, a girl's success in life is often linked to her performance in beauty pageants.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Great Vritannia, Leonardana, Quiescent, Tsvetania, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hanguk-Nippon, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, Tsunamy, Larenien, Solainsula, Aywhyou, United States of Vietnam, Escevola, Westoc Kinness, La Ascension, Sandaoguo, Farengeto, BarnicleLand, Volaworand, Paranoia, Sedunn, Linguiniland, Techganet, Luddinlande, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Transtational, Holleervag Islacotil, Concrete Slab, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Drugged Monkeys, Oskyelion, Midand, Jaxon, Nudnoji, New Briantown, The Kiriond, Yellunstryer, Kringalia, Zbra, Republic of the Teutons, Lififul, and Erinor.