The Kingdom of Europaterre is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by King Alexander with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, aversion to nipples, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 1.757 billion Europaterreans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kanopolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Europaterrean economy, worth 261 trillion Eurodollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 148,891 Eurodollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 579,120 per year while the poor average 26,173, a ratio of 22.1 to 1.
Government spokespeople are working overtime trying to convince concerned citizens that King Alexander is not a crook, the death glare has replaced the handshake as a national greeting, citizens who inform on their neighbors can trade government "loyalty points" for food and other prizes, and political cartoons depicting King Alexander's face on a Kangaroo's buttocks are selling like hotcakes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Europaterre's national animal is the Kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Europaterre lodged a message on the Sonindia Regional Message Board.
- : Europaterre was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Europaterre, political cartoons depicting King Alexander's face on a Kangaroo's buttocks are selling like hotcakes.
- : Europaterre was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Following new legislation in Europaterre, citizens who inform on their neighbors can trade government "loyalty points" for food and other prizes.
- : Following new legislation in Europaterre, the death glare has replaced the handshake as a national greeting.
- : Europaterre published "Allies of the Kingdom of Europaterre" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Following new legislation in Europaterre, government spokespeople are working overtime trying to convince concerned citizens that King Alexander is not a crook.
- : Europaterre endorsed The Democratic States of Husparan.
- : Europaterre was endorsed by The Democratic States of Husparan.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Landarath, New American republic of states, Liamio, Chemiti, Devasthalam, Parnello, Northern Life, Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar, Catslanistan, Agasaria, New nexus2, Scalabrine, TRIBBIANILAND, The State of Centralia, For vooperia, Helgafjell, Aranwar, The Aurum Isles, Iron Wolf Lithuania, Sekundarland, Jamaker, Galicia-Slowincia, Bay Hood, Coseatia, Will Salcedo, Serbersia, Idayanglia Islands, Atlantic Imperium, The Banasia and Gobaria, Britannicia, Isla Elsaa, South Valleys, Rizenbaul, United Sovereign States of India, The Embetican Imperium, Silverwood Isle, Mistolia, Kazuka, Vyctar, Valenciatown, Nellotania, Soviet4life, Kingdom of Freynia, Atque Coetibus, Corazistan, Sho Mak Lan, DemocraticRepublicOfAaron, Zelida, Kashtyria, Swasal, and 35 others.BeatsMe, Radnia, Republic of Redcrest, The Srovsk State, Palamos, Lindrodia, Thee Great Lakes, Sorentia, The Taklamakan Desert, Armed Terra, Unified Provinces of Katania, Pakistan Sub-continent, Gergan, Terfelia, Best Future, Shaloe, Barichvaria, Yarizotamia, Youknownest, Floranza, Demopans, Grand Termina, Palanto, Animatronicland, Tuscatora, Yekavski, SOUTH KONGSVINGER, Andelojuse, Ebrya, Tyrg, Metis Rhea, Lomun, Nudistonia, Asgarlassia, and Husparan.