The Federal Republic of Euphion is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.239 billion Euphionians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Euphion City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Euphionian economy, worth a remarkable 1,577 trillion Euphion Modaqs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 217,852 Euphion Modaqs, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, Euphion City is a police state during international summits, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality, and the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Euphion's national animal is the black jaguar, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Euphion's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Euphion was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies, Largest Retail Industry, and Most Armed, the Top 5% for Most Extensive Civil Rights, and the Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Euphion's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Euphion was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Euphion, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace.
- : Euphion was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Euphion ceased to exist in Social Liberal Union.
- : Euphion was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Browningtonshire.
- : Euphion was endorsed by The Kingdom of Chameliya.
- : Following new legislation in Euphion, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality.