The Holy Empire of Ethoodly is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and vat-grown people. The hard-working population of 292 million Ethoodlyians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of RAD City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45.7%.
The strong Ethoodlyian economy, worth 21.6 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Trout Farming. Average income is 74,071 dollars, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 397,067 per year while the poor average 7,222, a ratio of 55.0 to 1.
Class action lawsuits have gone up in smoke thanks to government interference, the latest political memes depict Leader as an overly-choreographed robot, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, and three-year-olds have tantrums because they don't want to be drainage technicians when they grow up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ethoodly's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, three-year-olds have tantrums because they don't want to be drainage technicians when they grow up.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, the latest political memes depict Leader as an overly-choreographed robot.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, class action lawsuits have gone up in smoke thanks to government interference.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, fake beard sales are on the rise amongst female commuters.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, a massive campaign is underway to ensure the race of Ethoodly remains pure.
- : Ethoodly was endorsed by The Federation of Nyxonia.
- : Ethoodly was endorsed by The Officially TSP's Craziest of Holy Free.
- : Ethoodly was endorsed by The Freeroaming Folks of Vicken.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Qvait, New Goldman, Uvalor, Purple Hyacinth, Ipugao, Volaworand, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Arvan Irawer, Marinho Islands, Concrete Slab, Land Without Shrimp, Gonrati, Corgitopiaa, Nowa Europa, Treir, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Beepee, Westenhald, Greater Scottdascoda, Tsvetania, Yeses, Kandorith, The Two Jerseys, Tepertopia, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Tsunamy, The Solar System Scope, Blondiesland, Darakin, Amerion, Aumeltopia, PenguinPies, Crystal Creation, Amsterdam VIII, Jehenna, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Rebel-topia, Scu Greinne, Pamela And Hepatitis, Belschaft, Antarctic Empires, Ebonhand, Ancient Slobovia, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, USNE2018, Ceutalia, Wehraboos, Nova Montron, and 39 others.Sanden, Freedoom, Lioniel, Yellunstryer, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Fasire, New Qafedemar, Oxyliteral, Calistan, Myness, Steviland, Doge Land, LadyRebels, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Cuuldere, Drystar, Kaoia, Noimosini, JavaSiege, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, Kaleidescooptopia, Escevola, Rhetiaa, Abarri, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Eastern Mekong, Agletgreenia, Bundeskara, The Stickmin Empire, Solanosco, Galebland, Seythennia, Danily, Esfalsa, Vicken, Holy Free, and Nyxonia.