|Capital||No fixed address|
The Republic of Etheinia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Me with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 6.723 billion Etheinians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of No fixed address. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Etheinian economy, worth 843 trillion ENCUS a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 125,476 ENCUS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Diplomats shake hands with their right and hide a poison dagger in their left, wars of expansion are described as "peacekeeping operations", jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', and tax avoidance is a serious affair. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Etheinia's national animal is the Osprey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Good question.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Etheinia's influence in Commonwealth of Liberty rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Etheinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Etheinia was endorsed by The Allied States of Universitatis.
- : Following new legislation in Etheinia, tax avoidance is a serious affair.
- : Etheinia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Etheinia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Zamdrieak.
- : Etheinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Etheinia, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'.
- : Etheinia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Etheinia's influence in Commonwealth of Liberty fell from "Squire" to "Page".