The Dictatorship of Estriacea is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its parental licensing program, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 548 million Estriaceans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carolgrad. The average income tax rate is 50.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Estriacean economy, worth 54.0 trillion Yueals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 98,549 Yueals, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Prison walls have had to be modified to keep parkour-trained criminals from escaping, belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace', airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory, and police conduct weekly raids looking for contraband cheeseburgers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Estriacea's national animal is the Thorny Devil, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Estriacea, police conduct weekly raids looking for contraband cheeseburgers.
- : Estriacea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Estriacea, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Following new legislation in Estriacea, belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace'.
- : Following new legislation in Estriacea, prison walls have had to be modified to keep parkour-trained criminals from escaping.
- : Following new legislation in Estriacea, murder is sanctioned if the legal paperwork is filled out correctly.
- : Estriacea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Estriacea was endorsed by The Origin of Music of Hertfordshire and Jammbo.
- : Estriacea was endorsed by The ʇɐǝɹפ qoq of Bobki.
- : Estriacea was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Hamburg Neo.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Formenor, Numpties, Mediobogdum, Pandaland III, Mirchusko, Bran Astor, Westwind, Fujai, Cryland, Thyrall, Kalla, Gryphonian Alliance, Santos-Dominius, Wickedly evil people, The Fourth Redoubt, Comia Noracon, Fuentana, Bhang Bhang Duc, Vlobbania, Eskaton, Ferroia, Liberillia, Oronia, Quevilis, Av Libertas Vindex, The United Republic of Westend, Durtoss, Albyion Kingdom, East Swedesia, Slawin Hall, Atheist States of Philippines, Akshireuya, Oometz, Psikuta, The Unified Missourtama States, Pepinooo, Barcocoland, Kisovec, Papercuts and Skittles, Kittenlicious, Marina Nova, Arnic, Turizion, Sindria, Matism, Plankstein, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Avadon, San Mazer, Recuecn, and 32 others.Moriari, Win Mints, Rivello, United Adaikes, Hiems, Pi Island, Common Good, BoxcarJim, Nieubasria, Anuubis, Glorious Existence, Fallgriffin, Isle Royale, Shaktirajya, Divina Patriae, Ellcrys, The Antarctic Empires, Western End Them Son, Bova Ptaltand, Mathematania, Tropical Isles, Zoran, Carvell, Volkason, Willow Gate, Hologaland, Emark, Giovanniland, Cro Magnon, Gracelantia, Dilber, and Hamburg Neo.