The Confederation of Estandarte is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Urbano with a fair hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, aversion to nipples, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 4.555 billion Estandarteans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Buena Vista. The average income tax rate is 87.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Estandartean economy, worth a remarkable 1,358 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 298,209 Pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
President Urbano has more friends than ever before, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Estandarte's national animal is the Capybara, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Romanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Estandarte was endorsed by The Republic of Opifex Concilium.
- : Estandarte was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Estandarte was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Estandarte voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
- : Following new legislation in Estandarte, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Estandarte, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
- : Following new legislation in Estandarte, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Estandarte, President Urbano has more friends than ever before.
- : Following new legislation in Estandarte, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Estandarte was endorsed by The Goblin Commune Federation of Eggraria.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Tepertopia, Holota, Ever Testing, Bawkie, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Eleuthelrium, Chernaya Zvezda, Treir, Arscanesia, Corgitopiaa, Wehraboos, Ebonhand, Aidenfieeld, Esterwood, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Kringalia, Holy Free, Oppalli, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Ostavaria, Cucutenium, Zataras, Nidon, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Nowa Europa, A Place Somewhere, The republic of Konsa, Great Lothian, Prokuror, Doge Land, TescoPepsi, South Pernambuco, Amerion, Rebel-topia, Tyrantistica, Petea, Bistritza, Comfed, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Eggraria, Eae, and Shadeth.