|Leader||Basilinna Alexandros Artémis|
The Greater Empire of Estainia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Basilinna Alexandros Artémis with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 24.518 billion Imperials are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Defense, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Public Transport and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athínapolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 48.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Imperial economy, worth a remarkable 5,281 trillion Silver Thalers a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 215,405 Silver Thalers, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Works of historical fiction contain a surprising lack of historical figures, the government is slowly introducing social welfare programs, the practice of capital punishment proves divisive, and phenotypic plasticity is a struggle for sealife in polluted waters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Estainia's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Luciellanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, phenotypic plasticity is a struggle for sealife in polluted waters.
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, the practice of capital punishment proves divisive.
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, the government is slowly introducing social welfare programs.
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, works of historical fiction contain a surprising lack of historical figures.
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Estainia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, the statue in the van Dyke Plaza has a solar panel for a hat.
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter.
- : Estainia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Estainia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Most Efficient Economies.
Endorsements Received: None.